Friday, January 2, 2009

2nd January - what happens today?

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all had a good break over Christmas and recovered from any interview stressing.

Quick reminder as to what does and doesn't happen today.

I've posted all the decision letters this morning. They've gone first class so most UK applicants will get them tomorrow.

I'm NOT e-mailing anyone with decisions yet as this wouldn't be fair. I will e-mail decisions out to internationals or anyone else who didn't get their decision for some reason on MONDAY and no earlier. Please e-mail me to request this.

The pool is in full swing - remember some Colleges are open this Sunday so you might just hear from a College about a pool acceptance or interview before you get our letter saying you've been pooled. However, I'm not in - sorry!

By Monday, I'll know all decisions on the pool for our applicants (taken without interview, called for further interview at another College, sent back to Peterhouse without an acceptance, or, just occasionally, taken by Peterhouse after all. I want to phone OUT to everyone this affects so please try not to phone IN as it will just slow this process down. If you get a letter to say you've been pooled and won't be reachable by phone on Monday then by all means drop me an e-mail over the weekend and I'll e-mail you your decision.

Finally, remember, nothing will change on UCAS for several days yet - boring, Cambridge-specific technical explanation for that but didn't want you to waste time watching UCAS-Track.

For those of you who get offers tomorrow, congratulations!
For those of you who don't, commiserations. It may help to know it was a particularly competitive year and that we could have taken many, many more people if space had allowed. Having been of the calibre to apply here, you will have a fantastically successful time at another great University.
And for those who've been pooled, please be reassured that you are our number one priority for the next week and we'll try to make things run as smoothly as possible for you (and have said how wonderful you are in your pool files!).

Feedback letters will start going out to your referees in early February, maybe even sooner so you will get to hear about what went well and why we made our decisions.

Hang on in there...I know the waiting is tough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This wait is so nerve-wracking!

I know it's been said before, but thank you so, so much for clarifying everything on this blog - it's taken a lot of the stress out of this whole process.

Anonymous said...

I'm so nervous. :/
But thanks so much for this blog and keeping us informed, it's really made the whole process so much easier!
Hope you can have a well deserved rest now!