Thursday, April 15, 2010

April update

Hi everyone,

I realise it's a long time since I last posted so it's about time I send an update to you all. I've been away visiting schools since February so have been a bit off the radar but hopefully all your queries have been dealt with by our new Admissions Assistant, Kathy Purdy.

We are mostly trying to sort out financial assistance applications, CRB checks and visas at the moment. I wanted to reassure you all that once you have confirmed your place with UCAS there is nothing more for you to do at this stage except work hard for your exams!

To answer some common queries: All first year's will be expected to live in College so there is no need to apply for accommodation and you will be sent information about costs etc in July. Some of you may have received reading lists or course preparation from your Director of Studies already. This is organised by the Tutorial Office so I'm afraid I can't tell you which subjects this applies to but you may wish to join the freshers facebook group here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=249814477485&ref=ts where you can ask your fellow offer holders. Don't panic if you've not heard from us though as some subjects only send out information once places are confirmed in August. Finally, for those of you who are expected to acheive certain A Level grades as part of your offer, we will be sending letters to you and your schools soon asking for statements of results containing UMS marks to be sent to us in August if it turns out you have missed your offer by a marginal amount - this is perfectly normal and all will be explained in the letter.

So, I hope everything's going well for you all and do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.

No comments: