Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Confirmations

Ok so it's nearly A Level/STEP results day so things are going to get very hectic here in the admissions office and I just wanted to ask that you be patient with me! Kathy is away at the moment so when you get your results next Thursday, please only call the office if it's urgent. If you've made your offer then you've got in so there's no need to call to check. If the line is busy then leave a message and I will call you back as soon as possible or you can email admissions@pet.cam.ac.uk but you may not get a response right away as I will be juggling answering queries with organising the summer pool. You can also check UCAS track which should be bang up to date.

If you meet the conditions of your offer then you should receive a letter on 19th August confirming you place. If you didn't quite get the grades then you'll either receive a letter telling you that you have not got a place or that you have been entered into the summer pool for other Colleges to consider your application (this is normally for those with offers in excess of the standard A*AA). In some cases we may not be able to reach a decision until we have more information (e.g. your UMS marks) so you will not receive a letter on 19th August but we will call you as soon as we can so that you can make the appropriate arrangements. All overseas offer holders will receive their confirmation letter by email on 19th August as we understand that letters may not arrive for some time.

I know it is a very stressful time for you and I want to do everything possible to make it easier but please please please don't panic and good luck to everyone!

No comments: