Thursday, August 18, 2011

Results Day

Hi everyone,

Well, it's finally here! I understand that this will be a happy day for most of you and an anxious or disappointing one for others but please be assured that you are all very talented young people (otherwise we wouldn’t have made you an offer!) so I’m sure you’ll have a brilliant time no matter what you end up doing.

If you have made your grades then you’ve got in. It’s that simple. Please don’t phone to check or ask questions about next year as the letters (which were posted yesterday) will explain all and there are still some decisions pending that need urgent attention so you’ll struggle to get through on the phone anyway. For those who have missed their grades and want to discuss their options then you can phone me on 01223 338223 or email admissions@pet.cam.ac.uk or it’s often helpful to speak to your school for advice. It wasn’t so long ago that I was opening my decision letter from Cambridge so I know what it feels like and I will certainly try to handle all your calls as sensitively as I can.

It’s nearly the end of my time blogging for you (only a month until applications start all over again…) so I just wanted to thank you all for being patient and making my first few months at Peterhouse relatively stress free! Any comments about the blog would be greatly appreciated so we can make sure that it is as useful as possible for the next lot.

Good luck everyone and enjoy the rest of your summers.

Carrie

No comments: