Thursday, November 14, 2013

Changes to interview dates


A couple of the interview dates have changed since I last posted. Changes are below:

Architecture: 11th
Economics: 11th and 12th
Engineering: 5th (for those who are unavailable on other dates),  13th and 17th

Linguistics: 10th

Natural Sciences (Physical): 13th and 17th

Hoping to get interview invitations out starting tomorrow. Sorry we haven't managed to get interview invitations out yet, and have been a bit slow replying to your queries - Carrie's been off work sick for a few days so we're a bit behind, but we'll get there soon!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just wondering - will the interview invitations for all subjects be sent out tomorrow, or just some of them? If the latter, do you have a rough date of when the English interview invitations might arrive? Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Do these interview dates apply to overseas applicants being interviewed in a different country?

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

No. As always, if you're being interviewed overseas you should follow the guidelines you've been given by the Overseas Interview Team regarding the date and time of your interview.

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

We will send out interview invitations in the order in which the interviews are due to take place - so English invitations are likely to be a little later, probably next week.

Anonymous said...

Would you please be able to give more information about the History test? Thank you.

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

The History test takes 75 minutes in total - 15 minutes for reading, and 60 minutes for writing. It is an essay-based test, and usually involves looking critically at one or two texts or sources.

I hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

What does the English test exactly entail?

Anonymous said...

Hi Peterhouse, first of all, thank you very much for setting up this blog, its very useful for us nervous applicants! Secondly, I'm trying to arrange my travel to and from Cambridge for my interview. Are you aware of any events that may require me to remain in Cambridge after the interview, such as a department tour or anything like that?

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

The English Test is a one-hour written test (typically a comparison exercise based on two extracts) with 15 minutes of reading time added on beforehand. No prior knowledge is required for this exercise, which is designed to be as open-ended as possible.

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

I'm glad you're finding it useful! It's difficult to let you know what your timetable is without knowing who you are - if you send me an email (to admissions@pet.cam.ac.uk) then I can confirm where you should be and when if you're unsure. That said, as far as I'm aware there aren't any Department tours taking place during the interview period - everyone's too busy doing interviews etc!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can imagine its quite a frantic few weeks for the college! So should I take it that my presence won't be required for anything that isn't on the programme I was emailed? The schedule for my interviews seems perfectly clear, I was just wondering if there was anything else I'd need to factor in when deciding travel times!

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

That's right, all of your appointments are included in your invitation email, unless stated otherwise. The only thing I would say is to build in a little bit of leeway between your last interview and your train home, as we will inevitably run a few minutes behind schedule on the odd occasion.