Right, interviews start this Friday. We onlyhave about 8 people coming in on Friday and then, on Monday, all hell breaks loose! It's pretty much full tilt then until then 18th (including the middle Saturday - sorry Medics and Natscis).
So, if you have any final queries, please ask them tomorrow as, after then, all bets are off!
Please ask in the comments to THIS post. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
What will the interviewers be looking for in the candidates?
what subjects are being interviewed on friday?
Thank you so much for this blog Jennie! It has been sooo helpful and is a great idea that should definitely continue!
One last question...^^....
How much of the interview will be on discussing the written work that we'd sent?
Thanks from an Architecture applicant...
Hi,
I have an interview at 1:30 and was wondering what time i should arrive and where to go in order to get lunch?
Thanks so much for your reassuring tips!
On Friday we're interviewing for Music, ASNC and History of Art.
In most interviews, about 5-10 minutes would be spent discussing any written work submitted but this is just a rough guide.
Lunch is served between 12.30 and 1.30 pm but can only be provided if we offered it on your brown envelope.
I'll post properly on the first question.
Jenny I shall not be posting again, so just like to take this chance to say a massive thank you for answering all my tedious law questions on the LNAT and interview prep!
Been a real nerve-killer so thanks and see you on the 16th!
This blog has been really useful, thanks Jennie!
I was just wondering... I know we are supposed to turn up to the Porter's lodge 10 minutes before our interview, but if we have interview preparation, i assume that means that we have to turn up 10 minutes before the preparation rather than the actual interview?
Thanks!
Really smart question about interview prep - ABSOLUTELY! You need to turn up to interview prep 10 minutes in advance like anything else.
I'm so glad you've found the blog useful! Of course, it helps me too as I can answer one question for lots of people at once so it's probably saved me time in answering individual e-mails. But it's also fun and I think it shows the friendly side of Peterhouse which is one thing both I and our current students are always proud to promote.
Hi Jennie!
All your blogs and answers have been such a reassurance. I have one/two questions though -
For Modern languages, for post A-level languages preparation time just before the interview, are we allowed/supposed to bring a dictionary in that/those subject(s)? If so, do people bring large dictionaries or tiny ones?
Secondly I was wondering how much time we are allowed for the written test in the morning?
Lastly, how long is each interview usually, and once all of my interviews are finished, should I just leave or go to the Porter's Lodge first?
Once more, thank you so much!
Hello Modern Linguist!
No, you're not allowed dictionaries. Sorry!
The test is an hour/
Each interview is 30 minutes unless you are NOT taking French, in which case your Jones/Mandelbrote interview is 20 minutes.
Once you're done, you can just leave. That's fine! If you've had a lot of interviews though, it could be worth just checking in with the porters to check you haven't forgotten anything.
Post a Comment