Monday, December 15, 2008

You really need to read these interview comments from candidates

If you haven't yet interviewed and are still feeling nervous, then check through the comments we've had from people who've already been in for interview - I think they'll really encourage you. The word "fun" is even used! I promise these people weren't paid to comment!

4 days left of interviews and then we're done for another year. Keep those questions coming if you still have them.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Thank you for this blog. It's really useful and helps to stay calm.
I just have one last question:
Do we need to bring sheets and towels when we are staying over night?
Thanks for your help!

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

Glad for the calming influence!

Thanks for being so helpful but sheets are definitely supplied.

I honestly don't know if we give you towels. I belive so but it may be safer to bring one!

Anonymous said...

I stayed on Friday and there was definitely a towel.

I thought I'd throw in as well how helpful this blog has been (especially in the pre-interview jitter stage) Jennie I think I saved you at least half a dozen 'frilly question' emails by reading through your posts. Thank you!

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

OK, there are towels! Thanks for letting me know :>)

Alweays happy to answer 'frilly' questions if it means someone arrives feeling calm but I also know mostly which questions come up every year so it's easier to answer them in advance!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just beginning to think about what I need to bring for my interview - and was wondering what I need to take into the actual interview. I am applying for history. Should I take copies of my submitted work in with me? And what about stationary/paper?

Thank you for all your help!

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

No, you don't need to bring work as each of your interviewers will have a copy (re-reading it yourself before the interview though could be handy). You'll be given back the originals in your interview in fact.

You could use a pen but, other than that, there isn't really anything you need to bring.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for doing this Jennie! I had my interviews on friday and would like to say that they are actually quite fun once you get past the nerves! good look to everyone next week.
thanks again Jennie!

Anonymous said...

Dear Jennie,
I just want to give you a big hug for all these help!

Qian

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

I'm officially blushing!

Anonymous said...

Just arrived home fromt he interview :)...tiring once al that adrenelin goes!

Shame I didnt get to see you but once again thank you for this blog!

The interview was intense but surprisingly well paced and constructive...Whatever happens I feel ive learned alot and gained alot!

Thanks again!

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

That's great Seb and thanks for taking the time to encourage the last few folks going through. Glad you enjoyed the experience.

Today we have History, Maths and Architecture and tomorrow, the last day, is Maths, Comsci and History. I'm also hoping I'll remember it's my husband's birthday as last year I forgot with the interviews going on!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jennie,
Thanks so much for all your help. It's made the entire process so much less stressful.
My interview was actually quite enjoyable. It was just a friendly conversation and i felt that i was not trying to be caught out.
You have been amazing.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jennie!
I'd just like to thank you for creating this wonderful blog to help us poor souls keep posted during the whole application process!
Peterhouse is lovely and could ou please tell the porter that he is GREAT! He really cheered me up before and after my interview..:)

Anonymous said...

Jenny,

Just a quick thought, I know acceptance / rejection letter go out on the 2nd of jan, but will UCAS notify us before that date?

Thank you,