Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday - yep, we're interviewing today as well

It's a wet, cold, miserable looking day in Cambridge. Poor medics and Natscis.

But, we're over halfway and will have finished most of the big subjects except Maths and History by tonight (we don't care any less about people in smaller subjects, BTW, it's just good to tick off the big piles of files and the particularly heavy days of interviews.

Everyone has got here so far despite cancelled trains, planes and difficulties. We've had to do some creative rescheduling but it seems to have worked. Thanks epecially to those lovely folks who agreed to go into their interviews a little earlier because others were held up on trains (or, in one case, at an airport on a completely different continent!). You're all stars.

Well, Monday brings Maths, Law and History so do ask any questions you may have about those this afternoon and I'll try to moderate comments before going home this evening.

5 comments:

khowells said...

Hi,
I have an interview for History on Wednesday and I was just wondering exactly what 'interview preparation' means. Also, is the written test some kind of general historical test, similar to HAT? And do I need to bring anything for that?
Thanks,
Katherine

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is gonna sound weird, but is my interviews were really fun and enjoyable - not much like the Inquisition I thought I might have to indure!! There both just discussions of unseen work and quite complex ideas, and I seemed to really enjoy them - there was qutie alot of laughing and fun as well...now have I completely missed the point of the Cambridge interview...I mean surely that was far too casual...I thought it would be terryfing!!

Anonymous said...

I have had a scan and can't find the answer...sorry if its already been said somewhere....

What time is Breakfast :) ?

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone for making my interview experience not at all stressful! I had my medic interviews on Friday and everyone was friendly and helpful! This blog has also been brilliant!

Rob C

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

Great positive comments, guys! I promise nothing went wrong - interviews really can be enjoyable.

Katherine, I wrote a post on interview preparation a couple of weeks ago where this is all explained so do scroll down. There's also one (it might be a comment) on all the differest tests for different subjects which you'll find useful. The written test isn't like HAT and you don't need to bring anything for it. It'll last about an hour.

Breakfast - all meal times are posted in the Plodge (sorry, Porters' Lodge in Cambridge slang) but breakfast is from 8.15 - 9 am (on Thursday it starts at 8 am for as some of the Historians have a very early start).