Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursday in Cambridge

Well, in case you're interested, we've now finished interviewing for engineering, ASNC, Arch and Anth, Philosophy, Modern Languages and Classics.

Things have been running very smoothly most of the time - thanks to everyone who made sure they hit the Porters' Lodge in good time. No-one has been late because of transport issues, no-one has flooded their bath or gone to the wrong College. Good work!

Today we finish the English interviews, continue with economics and interview all of the Natsci Bs. Friday and Saturday are Economics, Natsci Ps and Medecine.

We do have a survey in the Porters' Lodge which you can fill out while you're here to tell us how you found the interviews, your rooms, the food and what you found useful in terms of information. Do try and find a spare moment while you're here to fill it in so we can make things even better next year.

If you've already come and gone, then do relax and have a lovely Christmas!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennie,
I had my interviews yesterday and didn't see you so I just wanted to thank you for the blog - it was so useful and hearing from you really helped to calm me down (as much as possible anyway!)
Have a lovely Christmas and I hope the rest of the interviews run smoothly

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

Thanks so much! It's been a very fun way of keeping in touch with you guys and I'm really glad it's helped so many of you stay calmer and feel more confident about what to expect at interview. That was the exact aim of the game.

I think it's definitely something we should repeat next year (although I'll still be on maternity leave then).

Anonymous said...

Just wondering whether the theology written test is handwritten or on computer, also how long it takes. Simply because my next interview after that is at Trinity and I want to know how rushed (or not as the case might be) I will be. Thanks

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

Hi Theologian!
The theology test is just an hour and we wouldn't leave you with a mad dash to Trinity so don't worry.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennie! Uhmmm a silly question/comment... you said that the architecture interviews are now finished but I have mine on the 17 so that kind of freaked me out ;/ I mean... what is that suppose to mean?

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

Ah, I understand now having checked the post - "Arch and Anth" is one subject. Its real name is Archaeology and Anthropology, which of course people know if they've applied for it but might not otherwise!

Architecture interviews ARE this Thursday and we look forward to meeting you then!