Hi guys,
Things are going well so far. Everyone's turning up on time and things are running 'almost' like clockwork.
Just one tip - you really don't need to start wandering off to interviews on your own. Please just come to the Porters' Lodge 10 or more minutes before your interview, interview preparation time or test and we'll have you taken to exactly the right spot. Everyone's winner!
Ah yes, the TSA, yes, Lotte, you're all taking it on-line. It's all very whizzy. I can access the results on my computer within minutes of the test ending and send them to your interviewers for the evening round-up. Paper tests are so over (except in History, English, Philsosophy...oh well)!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
If the TSA is on computer, will we still be allowed an electronic or paper dictionary, and will we be allowed some plain paper and a pen to scribble on?
Thanks!
You are allowed a dictionary (paper) if English is not your first language. I belive there is rough paper to use on the desks.
The main thing with the TSA is that it goes fast so pace yourself carefully. Best of luck!
Hi Jenny!
Just wondering about the pooling policy - perhaps abit ahead of myself!!
Just Wondering if you could tel us when we hear if we are pooled, and when the pooling interviews are, and when the offers after pooling come through!
Thanks again,
S
Sorry but just a quick question. Is there internet access in the rooms this week? Or is there anywhere we can access the internet while we are staying?
thank you!
I'm afriad there's no internet access to rooms. I think you'll need to find an internet cafe in town.
Pooling - if we pool you then we send an information sheet all about this but here are the dates.
All decision letters are sent on the 2nd January. The pool is on the 1-3rd January so will be over by the time you find out if you've been pooled. This doesn't matter as there's absolutely no point in doing what some people do and e-mailing around the Colleges begging them to take you out of the pool. There really isn't!
Some College offices will open late on Sunday 4th to pick up their list of who they're interviewing from the pool. I'm not in this year because it's my husband's 30th birthday (hope that's OK!) but I will be in very early on the 5th and will start calling those we want to interview and those we've pooled where I have a definite decision of some sort (some people are taken out of the pool without further interview and some files will have been returned to me having not been taken out). I'll also be fielding calls from people who haven't had their decision letters so it will be quite busy!
The pool interviews are on the 8-10th January which is why we need to phone people fast and post-pool decisions after interview ill all be made by teh end of the mmonth but usually much sooner, often the day after the interviews.
Hope that helps.
Hey there,
Thank you for the great info in the blog! It has been really helpful.
I was just wondering is the written test for economics candidates on friday a TSA or is it specially made test.
The test for economists is indeed the TSA and it's taken on-line in a computer suite.
Hi miss,I am a student from caterham school.
Just want to ask you that is it necessary for me to do the TSA online if I apply to study mathematics.
Thanks and hope to hear u again.
Dear Caterham Mathmo,
No, we only use TSA for Natscis and Economists (we do use the TSA a bit more for those who interview in Hong Kong/China/Malaysia for a number of reasons).
You'll just be doing exactly what's on your interview letter.
Post a Comment