For all of you who've applied to Peterhouse or were assigned to us through an open application for 2010/2011, this blog is to help answer your questions and keep you updated with what's going on so welcome aboard!
We know it's pretty stressful applying to University (in fact, I was only in your shoes 5 years ago!) so please use this blog as a way to put your mind at ease. we want this process to be as transparent as possible. Comments won't automatically appear, mostly because we want to avoid people posting who are applying to other Colleges (we all have slightly different systems so this wouldn't be productive) but we'll take note of every comment and will try and make sure posts reflect what people are asking. We'll also put posts up if the same question comes through a lot about a particular issue in the e-mail. We'd also welcome feedback as this is only the second year we've done this.
So, let me introduce myself: my name is Rosie Woodbury and I am currently covering our admissions coordinator, Jennie Brandon, while she is on maternity leave. I was a student at Homerton College studying Education with Maths so I know what it's like to be on both sides of the Cambridge application process. By the time you read this you should have received a letter telling you what to do next. Included in the pack should be a letter, a subject slip, a data protection form and for some of you an essay cover sheet and/or fee status questionnaire. Please make sure you know what you have to do and when you have to do it by.
So that's it for now. While you guys get all your documentation/essays together, I'll be getting out letters as soon as I receive applications up to the 15th Oct deadline and trying to plan some kind of interview schedule.
Good luck to all of you!
Rosie Woodbury, Acting Admissions Coordinator
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
So it begins, another cycle...
Being a fresher, I've found this blog very useful. Wish all the prospective students this year every success, and good luck!
Hi there! Thanks!
I'm a Peterhouse applicant applying for Bio NatSci!
Is living there fun?!
Thank you for your comments Qian and Gnoppy.
To find out more about living in Peterhouse visit http://www.pet.cam.ac.uk/prospective-students/college-life or http://www.srcf.ucam.org/petjcr//prospectus/main.php
Hi!
Part of my letter from Peterhourse says 'we have included a slip of paper which gives details of any written work you may need to submit..' and on the slip of paper it says that I need to write an essay for which the title will be sent in the next few weeks, but I have a cover sheet for submitted written school work as well that was not on the slip of paper, so do I have to send off my written school work as well?
Thank you!
To Louise,
All applicants for Economics will be given an essay title soon. Please then send the essay to us at the admissions office. We originally thought it was necessary to attach the cover sheet but actually there is no need to include the essay cover sheet with your essay. Sorry to cause confusion! Please still write your name on every page.
Rosie
Hi! :)
I was just wondering, on the SAQ, does Further Maths come as 'Other' or do I just list the additional modules under 'Maths'?
To Louise,
Please put Further Maths modules in as Maths modules on the SAQ. We can tell which modules count towards each qualification.
Thanks,
Rosie
Post a Comment