Monday, November 16, 2009

I have had a few queries about arrival time. If you are staying the night before your interview you can arrive any time from 4pm. Porters will be on duty 24 hours a day so do not worry if you cannot arrive until late but dinner is normally served at 6pm. If you arriving the morning of your interview then I suggest you leave yourself plenty of time to get to Peterhouse. I remember that when I came to Cambridge for interview one of my trains from Manchester was delayed so I only had 10 minutes to compose myself before starting the whole process!

2 comments:

Dipsikha Thakur said...

Dear Rosie,
What happens if we arrive before 4 pm on the day before the interview? Flight timings are seldom completely compatible with the appointments made, so it would be better for me to reach early than to reach at night in a new country in winter.
Is there any place I can wait in before my room is available and where I can deposit my luggage safely in case I choose to spend the evening visiting a museum or a library?

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

Dear Dipsikha,

You can arrive before 4pm and there will be somewhere for you to leave your luggage and the common room will be open for you to sit and relax in case your room is not ready.

All the best,

Rosie Woodbury