Friday, July 13, 2012

Accommodation Preferences 2012

Dear all,

I have just emailed providing information on next years rent bands and asking that you let me know your accommodation preferences and/or requirements by no later than 7th August. Please check your inbox for further details and if for some reason you can't find this email let me know as soon as possible so that I can forward it on accordingly.

Best wishes,

Carrie

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello,

After looking at the alternative prospective page I saw that last year the range of prices for accommodation was £463-1479 while this year it is £720-1645. Could you please tell me why was the cost increased since last year?

thanks!!

Anonymous said...

In the peterhouse jcr website there is a fresher's guide (http://www.peterhousejcr.co.uk/prospectus/life/freshers/) that seems quite helpful but does not work ("Page 404 Sorry, this page has either been removed or doesn't exist anymore").

Can you please update or fix that?

Thank you in advance.

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

1) The cost of accommodation inevitably increases slightly from year to year due to rising inflation.
2) The costs mentioned in the alternative prospectus refer to College accommodation made available to later undergraduate years. First years are all housed in either St Peter's Terrace or the William Stone Building and the rents stated reflect the cost of those rooms.

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

Re: The JCR Website.

We in the Admissions Office actually have nothing to do with the JCR website (that's kind of the point - it's supposed to be an honest and independent student review of the ins and outs of Peterhouse!) but I've emailed the webmaster to let them know of the deadlink. If I hear back I'll post below to let you know.

Carrie

Anonymous said...

are there any en-suite rooms in SPT?

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

All en suite rooms are located in WSB.

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

Hey guys,

Just a heads up that the JCR website has been fixed so you can now take a look at that Freshers' Guide if you like (http://www.peterhousejcr.co.uk/prospectus/life/freshers/?page=0)

Have a good weekend!

Carrie

Anonymous said...

So the STEP results are coming out in the 16th of August and I was wondering when will we know whether or not we will be given a place if we miss our offer?

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

Hopefully we will be able to inform you of our decision on 16th August but you may not hear back until as late as Monday 20th August.