Friday, October 10, 2008

This year's first blooper - essay cover sheets!

I have an apology to make. I always manage to make one mistake as I get into the swing again of processing applications (especially with this year's new system which is vastly different) and this is it.

If you are applying for an Arts subject or Natsci B, you should have been asked for written work in your initial acknowledgment letter from me. This is supposed to be attached to an essay cover sheet which I omitted to send you in the envelope.

You can find the essay cover sheet to download here: http://www.pet.cam.ac.uk/admissions/applicants/Cover08.pdf

Please note the submission date for essays is the 3rd November this year.

You don't need the cover sheet for Architecture or Economics essays, BTW.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To what E-mail address should I send my Economics essay?

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

Hi Anonymous (?)

You should send your essay to the address you find on the letter paper or on my e-mails which is:

Peterhouse Admissions Office
Trumpington Street
Cambridge
CB2 1RD

OR, if you're using e-mail (which is only possible for economics essays), please use admissions@pet.cam.ac.uk

Hope that clears it up!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much that is a relief!

Anonymous said...

Hi

I would like to confirm that cover sheet is not needed for Economics essay as I have received the cover sheet by air mail together with some either items.

Items required for an Economics applicant:
- essay
- data protection form
- fee status questionnaire

Can i fax the data protection form and fee status questionnaire and send my essay via e-mail?

At the mean time, I'll send another copy by air mail but I'm afraid it might not reach Cambridge on time.

Kathy Purdy and Martin Thompson said...

Yeoh,

You're absolutely correct. You don't need a cover sheet for economics essays (or Architecture).

Your paperwork is correct except that a UK student wouldn't need to a fee status questionnaire (just to clarify for anyone else)!